Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dirty Food

I saw this article this morning and thought it was very interesting.  It is amazing how much crap we consume on a daily basis!  If any of you are readers of my old blog, which I think you are, you know that I try to buy as much organic food as possible.  Yes, it's expensive and I've cut back a little bit, but for the majority of things we eat I'd say half are organic.  I also try to purchase humanely raised meats and have been pretty successful at doing so.  There are a lot more options that there used to be in the regular grocery stores, which is nice to see.  We've recently tried grass-fed beef, and it is amazing.  It doesn't have near the fat that regular beef does, and the kind I purchase at my local grocery store is humanely raised.  So is Springer Mountain Farms chicken.  If you can find this chicken, try it out.  You will be amazed at how tender and flavorful this chicken is compared to the regular ole chicken breasts.  Check out this link below too - you can't ever be too clean when preparing your food.  We go through bleach and vinegar like no other!  And I have become almost obsessed with washing vegetables, especially being pregnant.  Pesticides are bad...REALLY bad while pregnant.  Here's the dirty food...watch out y'all!

The 10 Dirtiest Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave one!