Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fabulous Homemade Pizza

Happy almost FRIDAY!  And what's better about this weekend is that it's THREE DAYS!  Yessssss....

I thought I'd share a quick post about one of my favorite foods.  You know, food and pregnancy go hand in hand...and there's no doubt that I haven't deprived myself one bit.  Pizza has been one of my favorite things to eat over the past 7 months.  We have it at least once, sometimes twice a week.  I love it!

The best thing about this pizza is the dough.  We get our dough from the Publix bakery in the baked goods section usually.  If you can't find it, ask for it.  It's best if you let it sit out still in the packaging for an hour before you start messing with it.

Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and get it as thin as you like.  We roll ours out to fit on an extra large air bake cookie sheet.  Recently Ben has been rolling up the edges to make a crust, and it is SO good, try that! 

After you've rolled it out cover the dough with olive oil and italian seasonings.  I like to sprinkle the "crust" part with a little kosher salt too.  It's just yummy.  Put your favorite pizza sauce down next and whatever toppings you like.  My current faves are sauteed portabella mushrooms, fresh baby spinach, and banana peppers.  Ben eats crazy stuff on his half like green olives and anchovies - gross!  I accidentally bit into an anchovy one time and almost lost my mind it was so nasty.  So, I make him keep that stuff far away from our "center line" where my stuff is on one half, his on the other.  That's the beauty of homemade pizza, you can do whatever you want with it and there aren't any extra charges!

Top with cheese, and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.

We usually pair it with a salad of some sort...my favorite salad right now is a spinach, craisin, and walnut salad with balsamic dressing.  Throw in some blue cheese crumbles and you're basically eating a restaurant quality salad.  It's so good!!

This pizza is ridiculously good y'all.  Try it out!

Cheers to a 3 day weekend!  Ben and I will be celebrating five blissful years of marriage tomorrow, YAY!  We are going to have a 4D ultrasound done tomorrow afternoon.  We thought it would cool to see our little boy's face for the first time on our anniversary.  I'll post pics next week!

Love to all,

Kerri

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I will definitely give it a try...sounds delish! Hope the u/s went well, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave one!