Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring is here!

Happy Monday!  Wait, is that an oxymoron? 

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.  ~ Terri Guillemets

Spring has arrived in Atlanta.  I absolutely love this time of year.  I love those first few warm nights when you can sit out on the patio and grill out.  I love when the flowers start to burst through the ground and leaves begin to grow on the trees.  Our cherry blossom tree is in full bloom right now.  Little birds are making nests in our backyard.  Everything is so pretty!  Here are a few pics of our backyard.  I am 22.5 weeks in this pic, and I think I am looking bigger by the minute!



We've been super busy over the past week and a half.  The first weekend in April we headed to NA to a Jennifer Norris and Jordan Lybrand's wedding - it was super fun!  It was such a gorgeous weekend to get married outdoors, although it was a little windy.  You can see that I found a dress to fit my belly!


My Mom and I headed back to ATL that Sunday and the boys all headed to the Masters.  By the sound of it they had an absolute blast.  I don't think the weather could have been any nicer for them.  They saw my niece and nephew there too!



My Dad came back with Ben because he had the week off of work.  He made it his project to get the nursery painted and he did a FINE job!  My Mom and I taped the room off (torture), and he painted the walls on Tuesday.  It's a small room so it didn't take him long.  It is so pretty!  I am really happy with the colors.  As you can see, we didn't go with the slate blue.  I changed my mind last minute to a khaki/cream color scheme.  It looks awesome.  The picture does not do it justice.  Ben and Dad also put the crib together last week...and of course we are missing a few screws but you can get the general idea of what it looks like.  I LOVE IT!  What do you all think?






Thanks again Mom and Dad for all of your help last week, we are SO thankful for y'all! 

As you can see we have started to fill the closet with tiny baby boy clothes - isn't it CUTE!!!


While my parents were here, my Mom said that my Uncle had hummingbirds already and he lives in Georgia.  So, I decided to put my feeder out last week.  Sure enough, when I opened the blinds Thursday night after work, I noticed some of the nectar was gone.  As soon as I walked into the kitchen a few minutes later - there he was - a gorgeous ruby throated hummer!  YAY!  Y'all know how obsessed I am with these little creatures.  They make me happy.  :)  So put your feeders out and you may get an early hummingbird too! 

We had a good weekend this past weekend.  It was low key and I needed a weekend like that.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous all weekend, and it got HOT yesterday afternoon!  I love it...I've been waiting on this weather.  Ben, Kristen, Matt, Walker and I actually went to a cook out with our Sunday school class Saturday night and we had so much fun!  The people we have met are so awesome!

I will enjoy the low key weekends while they last, May is going to be insane!  Hope everyone has a great week!

Love to all,

KJS

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! The backyard is gorgeous, and I love the nursery and the crib! Nana has been busy shopping for clothes for Bennett, so be sure to leave some room in his closet! Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Love you! Mrs. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the whole room. You look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GORGEOUS! Love that baby bump and that dress is SOOOO flattering. Work it! You MUST let me do your pregnancy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new blog! :) Can't WAIIIITTT for Bennett to get here! I'm soo excited! You look so awesome by the way! Love you! Kristen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave one!