Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Hope everyone had a nice Easter!  We had a great weekend.  My parents came up on Friday to spend the weekend with us, and also to help us get a few more things done in the nursery.  The 4 of us headed over to pick up the dresser Saturday morning, and I also did some shopping for a crib mattress and glider. I found both! I decided on an organic crib mattress - thank goodness I had a coupon!  They are not cheap!  I got one that will last through the toddler years. The glider is ordered and will be here in June. I actually had a coupon for that too so I saved $160 bucks on both of those items.  Score!  So, that's it for the big ticket items for the nursery.  Hooray!   Now, I have to get all of the accessories in there. That will no doubt be the toughest part!  I bought a shelf to go above the dresser - and it's too light, so I've got to take it back.  Boo!  I've got super dark espresso furniture in there, and it's tough to match.  The thing about this nursery is that I have chosen bright colors, and baby accessories don't come in bright colors...they come in baby colors, like baby blue and yellow and soft greens and that just won't do!  I'm going to have to get creative...good thing I'm a creative person. ;)   Here are some pictures!


Saturday night we grilled out and I took a pic of Grillmaster Ben - he had both of his grills fired up that night...he cracks me up!  We had kielbasa, andouille, squash and onions on the gas grill, and a whole split chicken on the charcoal...YUM-O!


I had Ben take a pic of me Saturday night at 24 almost 25 weeks - Whoa...  ;)


I am feeling pretty good on most days!  We had an ultrasound last Monday and our little man is measuring a week ahead!  He is an active little guy - and it seems that 4 am is his favorite time of day. He rolls around, punches and kicks very early in the morning, every morning!  My guess is that he's hungry!  My obgyn has finally decided to put me on thyroid medication - looks like radiation blasted my thyroid pretty good and my TSH levels are slightly elevated.  He said it's nothing to worry about and they put me on a very low dose.  So, we'll see how that goes!

Easter was wonderful.  My Mom and I made her homemade dressing - there is nothing like it in the world.  Church was great yesterday as well!  Ben and I are so thankful for everything God has given to us - we are blessed in so many ways.  We thank Him for everything...

Hope you all have a great week!  Love to all,

KJS

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. I can't wait to see the nursery! I know it's beautiful! You're right! We are ALL so blessed! God is good! Love you! Mrs. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and we need to grill out soon, I sure do miss me some of your most delicious cuisines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great name! Cute name for a boy, and grown up for a man. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave one!