Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Christmas, Y'all!

My favorite time of the year!  Well, besides the 4th of July and Thanksgiving, those are good ones too.  I've been busy getting ready for Bennett's first Christmas!  I've been buying all sorts of toys and stuff for our lil Santa Claus.  Here's a few of his Christmas pictures taken by the fabulous Melanie Jankun!  She and her hubs brought us lunch a few weeks back and I asked her to take a few shots of Bennett in his new Christmas sweater and Santa hat.  This is what came out of literally 15 minutes in our backyard, and we used his red rug out of his nursery as the background.  Aren't they just precious?  I'm still in awe of them.  Melanie you freaking rock!  Thank you so much!




Can you all believe he's 4 months old???  Holy smokes!  He's about to start solid food soon - craziness!  He is just the happiest little guy.  We are so in love with him!!!

So, what else is going on in our life?  Not a whole lot to be honest.  December is always insane.  This year my shopping has been a little different. I did about 90% of it online. You can't beat the cyber Monday deals and free shipping! It's awesome! I also have been trying to start exercising again, but it's SUPER hard to find the time when I am up at 6:15 am every day and don't get home until after 5.  I don't want to take any time away from Bennett when I get home so I just play with him until he is down for the night.  How could I get up earlier than 6:15?  I might have to!  Ouch...not looking forward to that.  I'm within a couple of pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight which I guess is pretty good considering I gained almost 40!  I found a picture of myself the other day from the day before I had Bennett - holy cow, well I was A COW!  I might get brave and post it on here one day.  I am going to do a 10k in March in Charleston so that should force me to run and get back into shape.  It's going to hurt so bad but I've got to do it, and I've GOT to figure out when I am going to train for it!  It's going to be tough!  Y'all let me know if you have any ideas.   Or just tell me to shut it and get on the treadmill at 5 am.  Ha!

We are with my side of the family this year for Christmas, and we always have a tradition of sitting around the fire outside listening to my Christmas tunes.  Of course, this is one of my favorites...


Anything Jimmy Buffett I'm a fan of. 


And when December hits every year, I HAVE to watch Christmas Vacation.  I have watched pieces of it this year, and have yet to sit down and watch the entire movie.  It's one of the funniest movies of all time!  From Eddie "save the neck for me Clark" to Margo and Todd - this movie is awesome!!!!  Burn dust, eat my rubber!!!  Haaahaha I love it.  It's not Christmas without Christmas Vacation!


And last but certainly not least, I want to wish our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ a Happy early Birthday...
"an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."


We have been very, very blessed this year with the birth of our son, my continued health along with the health of all of our family members and we are so thankful!  2011 was good to us! 

I hope all of you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Love to all,

Kerri

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, Kerri! He is SOOOOO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so precious! I'm already inching towards the 40# mark and I still have 2-3 months to go, lol. Ruh-roh. Merry Christmas to your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica you've got TWO babies in there, not one! You can gain 75 and it would be normal! Don't worry, it will come off...you will burn an insane amount of calories running around trying to care for two babies! One is crazy enough! I can't wait to see those precious miracles - God is good!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your whole family - I just love all of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the pictures of our sweet baby Bennett!! We are going to miss being with you all over Christmas but are looking forward to seeing you all after the holidays! Love you all bunches! And yes...we are so BLESSED!! Love, Nana and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the shout out. Bennett is precious. From one mother to another I know how hard it is to find time for yourself. Especially when you don't want to miss out on precious time but if you take him with you on your runs I promise he will enjoy it as much as you will enjoy what you have accomplished, just make sure to bundle him up. Let us know if you need our training schedule or want to join us on the track.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave one!