Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Welcome!

Hi everyone!

I've had quite a few people ask why I don't blog anymore.  Well, for a while there, I didn't have much to talk about.  My other blog chronicled my life while I was going through cancer treatment, and when that was over and I had been in remission for a while, I didn't have anything major going on in my life at the moment.  Believe me, the "quiet" was welcomed.  After my life had been turned upside down in the blink of an eye, it was nice not to think about it as much.  Cancer ruled my thoughts for so long, and I tried to just live my life to the fullest and keep myself as healthy as I possibly could.  Of course it's always in the back of my mind - it always will be.  I will never, ever forget what I went through.  I will never forget what my family went through.  It has made me a better person in so many ways.  I am much calmer than I used to be, if that's possible.  I forgive rather than hold grudges.  I've learned through my faith in God that anything is possible.  I've learned to not let worry run my life, because it will destroy you if you let it.  As the scans moved further and further apart, I began to realize that there were some days that I hardly thought about having cancer.  Of course, I will never downplay it - and I will always give it the respect it deserves.

With that said, I'd like to focus on our next big life event...as most of you know, Ben and I are expecting our first child in August!  We've found out that we are having a little boy, and we couldn't possibly be any happier right now.  We know we've been blessed with a miracle.  This little boy is meant to be here.  He is the rainbow after the rain, and we thank God for him everyday!

We were uncertain how difficult it would be for me to get pregnant after going through 9 rounds of chemotherapy just 2 years ago that put me into temporary menopause for 5 months.  I had read studies that the drugs I had usually do not affect fertility, but you never know.  Well, it turns out that it happened without us even really trying, and we are so very thankful for that.  I prayed that we would be parents one day, and I was a little afraid that we might not ever get that chance.  You just never know how your body is going to react after going through such a terrible experience.  I am so happy and humbled by the fact that we are going to get that chance now.  We are so unbelievably blessed.


Here's a pic of me at 16 weeks, I'm at 20 weeks now and a little bit bigger - but at least you can see my little baby bump.  This little guy moves around all the time, so we are assuming he has his Daddy's soccer legs already.  ;)

I'll be updating this blog with pictures and other fun stuff from this pregnancy, and beyond! 

Love to all,

KJS

7 comments:

  1. We like the new blog and know this baby is a blessing from God. We are here for you, Ben and the baby and the entire family is so excited for his arrival on or about August 8. We love You! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you have such a way of writing straight from the heart. I have missed your posts -- I'm so glad you have a bright new blog for baby boy! After having a Sept baby and then a July baby I can tell you that you have a long hot summer ahead! :) Enjoy every minute and eat ice cream as often as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, glad you are starting a new chapter with this blog. Look forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just filled up reading this, so happy for ya' ll! This gives me so much hope, YOU give me so much hope! I do believe this is your year and another someone we knows year... :)
    Love,
    Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new blogs and can't wait for the newest little Stephenson to arrive! We are indeed blessed! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new blog:)

    So happy for you...you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe thank yall so much for the sweet comments! You all are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave one!